September 21, 2013
PRICING STRATEGY FOR SELLERS
The following questions are designed to help sellers of real estate analyze their pricing strategy. I can help with the answers to many of the questions after completing a detailed current market analysis.
- Am I selecting a realtor based on service or price?
- Is the local market rising, falling or staying even?
- Is my opinion of value based on the actual neighbourhood sale price?
- How many homes in this area are competing against mine right now?
- How does mine compare?
- Have any neighbouring homes been on the market too long? Why?
- Is my home comparable to, larger or smaller than surrounding area homes?
- Which improvements have I made since my purchase of the home that will actually increase value? Which improvements might not?
- Are my personal financial needs influence my asking price?
- Is my original purchase price influencing my asking price?
- Am I willing to price right and stand firm?
- Are the benefits of moving important enough to price my home at its current market value?